PAWS NY is currently seeking Board members with expertise in development and fundraising. The mission of PAWS NY is to preserve, support, and nurture the human-animal bond for New York City’s most vulnerable residents by providing services designed to help our clients overcome the physical and financial limitations they face caring for their animal companions. If you are committed to our mission, ready to take on a leadership position, and want to help direct a growing organization, we encourage you to apply. As a working board, we are seeking new members who can actively engage in and guide efforts to shape and strengthen our programmatic direction, strategic vision, financial stability, and community presence.
The scope of responsibilities will be determined based upon experience but will likely include:
- Serving on the Development Committee
- Designing and supporting strategies to steward current donors and cultivate a broader base of new donors
- Developing and implementing institutional fundraising strategy
- Researching prospective foundation supporters
- Drafting and submitting letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Planning the annual event in collaboration with staff and other Board members
The ideal candidate will have several years of progressive development experience, a passion for the mission of PAWS NY and the skills to create and implement a comprehensive development plan.
What is Expected of PAWS NY Board Members?
Board members are expected to:
- Commit to a two-year term, which can be renewed upon Board approval
- Participate in monthly board meetings:
- 10 one-hour monthly board meetings via conference call per year
- 2 longer in-person board meetings per year
- Be an active participant in all meetings and take initiative when possible
- Serve on at least one committee and participate in related meetings/calls
- Be an advocate for PAWS NY and raise awareness for our work
- Make a financial commitment of at least $250 per year (give or get)
How Do I Apply?
Please fill out the application below, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Thank you to all those interested in working with our organization!