PAWS NY is looking for a motivated Program Intern to join our team!
Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS NY)
Program Intern Job Description
Reports to: Program Director
Commitment: Fall 2014 (September to December), with possibility of extension – 10 hours per week, days/times flexible
PAWS NY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works to preserve, support, and nurture the human-animal bond for those most vulnerable in our community. We focus on helping seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from permanent or temporary illness.
At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the vital role that pets have on the lives and well-being of humans, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions, and where the physical, emotional and social benefits of the human-animal bond are incorporated into health care and social services.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.pawsny.org!
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Intern will be responsible for assisting with various program functions and providing general office support.
The Program Intern will assist the Program Director with the management of the program, including, but not limited to:
- Checking in on clients to ensure they remain connected and engaged with PAWS NY, following up on referrals, and gathering other information
- Assisting with logistics of matching clients and volunteers for assignments
- Conducting reference and background checks, following up with volunteers regularly, updating schedules, and preparing for orientation sessions
- Implementing client evaluation process to assess impact of programs, up to and including the administration of evaluation instruments to clients and/or volunteers
- Helping to facilitate program growth for PAWS Pet Pantry, Veterinary Care Program, volunteer network, and other programs as needed
- BA preferred
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas as needed
- Must be highly organized, friendly, detail-oriented, and have ability to function independently
- Commitment to our mission
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Intern Application.” Original deadline September 2nd, but we have extended it and are accepting applications on a rolling basis.