Job Opportunities with PAWS NY
Thank you for your interest in joining the PAWS NY team! Available job opportunities are listed below.
Job Title: Community Outreach Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Community Outreach Manager will be integral to the day-to-day operations of PAWS NY and will help take our organization to the next level. This person will be responsible for external communications and events with a goal of raising awareness for PAWS NY and engaging a new set of supporters that include volunteers, donors, and partners.
- Managing the PAWS NY brand online and on social media, which includes writing and curating content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and MailChimp with the goal of increasing engagement with and growing our network.
- Managing and growing our portfolio of community fundraising events from start to finish, which currently brings in more than $50,000 a year through participation in the United Airlines NYC Half Marathon, community/corporate partnership events, and social media fundraising campaigns.
- Organizing partner events, including setting up information tables at community events aimed at sourcing new clients, volunteers, and supporters.
- Cultivating strategic partnerships with local businesses to raise funds and awareness for PAWS NY
- Managing corporate and community food drives for the Pet Pantry Program
- Assisting with other projects and tasks as specified by Executive Director
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Experience and understanding of social media landscape
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a small, start-up like environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to our mission
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Community Outreach Manager." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.