Job Opportunities with PAWS NY
We're hiring! Please read the below job description for our temporary part-time Intake Coordinator position, and if you'd like to apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Intake Coordinator (6 hours/week, July to December)
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Organization: PAWS NY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps New York City’s most vulnerable residents to remain with their pets by delivering critical programs and services through a community of partners and volunteers. We focus on helping low-income seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from illness. At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the emotional, physical, and social benefits of the human-animal bond, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions. For more information, please visit www.pawsny.org.
Position: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Intake Coordinator will conduct home visits with all new PAWS NY clients.
- Conduct home intakes with potential clients within one week of receiving phone intake information
- Assess client, noting physical and mental impairments, personality, etc
- Assess pet, noting personality, behavior, medical history, dietary profile, special needs, etc
- Assess residence, noting any potential hazards to volunteers, details about gaining entrance, any support client may have, etc
- Complete intake on mobile device (tablet) and input all data immediately
- Experience in the social services field, ideally social work background and experience in geriatrics
- Experience and high level of comfort with dogs, cats and other animals of all sizes and temperaments
- Ability to be compassionate and non-judgmental toward clients
- Solid understanding of the many barriers our clients face and how this may manifest
- Computer savvy, experience with databases a plus (must be able to learn our database and retain training)
Application Guidelines: To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Intake Coordinator." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.