Job Opportunities with PAWS NY
We're hiring! If you love the idea of helping animals and people, PAWS NY might be the right place for you. Check out the description below for more information.
Position Description: Program Manager
Job Title: Program Manager – Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Reports to: Program Director
About PAWS NY
PAWS NY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that helps New York City’s most vulnerable residents to remain with their pets by delivering critical programs and services through a community of partners and volunteers. We focus on helping low-income seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from illness. At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the emotional, physical, and social benefits of the human-animal bond, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.pawsny.org or find us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter at @PAWSny.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for expanding our programmatic footprint by managing a caseload of clients and ensuring their needs are met by our various programs. By joining a small team of four, the Program Manager will have an opportunity to take a leadership role within a growing organization.
This position is supported through generous funding from A Kinder World Foundation and New York Foundation for Eldercare. Please note funding is guaranteed only for one year, but we do hope to make this position a permanent part of the team.
- Volunteer Recruitment:
- Train new volunteers at monthly orientation sessions
- Assist with vetting/approval of prospective volunteers
- Client Sourcing
- Assist Program Director in identification of new partner organizations and assist in presentation of services
- Conduct phone and in-person intakes with newly referred clients
- Service Coordination
- Orchestrate logistics of programs, follow up with clients/volunteers regularly
- Handle all scheduling and concerns via email, phone and in-person
- Data entry, including updating/maintaining Salesforce database
- Oversee day-to-day administration of programs to ensure effective delivery of services to program constituents within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization
Program Evaluation & Reporting
- In consultation with other program staff, administer client evaluation to assess impact of programs and ensure accordance with organization’s mission
- Assist in other areas of need, including but not limited to, administration, fundraising, and event planning
- BA required; MSW, MPH, or MPA preferred
- Must have experience with animals as well as people, particularly social service experience with vulnerable populations including individuals who are elderly or living with a disability or illness
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred
- 1+ years experience in program management and/or volunteer management
- Computer savvy, experience with databases (Salesforce) a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, problem solving and communication skills
- Comfort traveling throughout New York City, in particular outer boroughs
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas as needed
- Must be highly organized, friendly, detail-oriented, and have ability to function independently
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Program Manager Application." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.