Job Opportunities with PAWS NY
We're hiring! Please read the below job description for our part-time Pet Pantry Coordinator position, and if you'd like to apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Pet Pantry Coordinator (5 hours/week with some weekend hours)
Reports to: Executive Director and Program Director
Compensation: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Organization: PAWS NY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps New York City’s most vulnerable residents to remain with their pets by delivering critical programs and services through a community of partners and volunteers. We focus on helping low-income seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from illness. At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the emotional, physical, and social benefits of the human-animal bond, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions. For more information, please visit www.pawsny.org.
Position: The Pet Pantry Coordinator will be responsible for growing and sustaining our critical Pet Pantry. This position is made possible thanks to a generous grant from the ASPCA.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities of this position fall within two core areas outlined below:
- Sourcing Inventory (Pet Food and Supplies)
- Cultivate corporate sponsorship opportunities by identifying potential local and national partners to donate or discount pet food and supplies
- Organize monthly weekend pick-up days for volunteers to make deliveries
- Organize pet food drives, both internally and by working with individuals and companies who express interest in getting involved
- Use social media to promote program and related events
- Logistics Management
- Communicate with clients and record pet food requirements in Salesforce
- Track inventory, record details (weight, expiration date) and identify items still in need
- Record donations received and mad
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Collaborative and a great team player
- Must be able to work independently
- Computer savvy, experience with Salesforce a plus
Application Guidelines: To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Pet Pantry Coordinator." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.