PAWS NY is Seeking New Board Members
The mission of PAWS NY is help New York City’s most vulnerable residents remain with their pets by delivering critical programs and services through a community of partners and volunteers.
PAWS NY is seeking motivated individuals to join our Board of Directors. Candidates must be committed to our mission, ready to take on a leadership position, and want to help direct a growing organization. We are seeking members who can actively engage in and guide efforts to shape and strengthen our programmatic direction, strategic vision, financial stability, and community presence. The ideal candidate is someone who can be an effective fundraiser for PAWS (i.e. has a strong network of contacts that can be solicited for contributions, fundraising events, etc.). Individuals with experience in tech or finance, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit, are encouraged to apply. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.pawsny.org
PAWS NY is a rapidly growing nonprofit that has recently received exciting press and support, including, but not limited to:
- ASPCA awarded $30,000 program expansion grant for 2016
- Founder/Executive Director named “40 Under 40 Rising Stars in the Nonprofit World” by New York Nonprofit Media
- Huffington Post Good News blog posted video/article about organization
- Interviewed on NASH FM radio station
- Featured charity on Forbes “12 Days of Charitable Giving” list for 2014
- Founder/Executive Director named “New Yorker of the Week” by NY1
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Considering PAWS NY a philanthropic priority and making financial contributions that meet or exceed the organization’s “give/get”
- Representing PAWS NY to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and, when necessary, updating the organization’s Strategic Plan; ensuring that operations are consistent with the goals and priorities outlined in the Strategic Plan
- Reviewing key performance indicators to evaluate impact and progress
- Approving PAWS NY’s annual budget; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Taking on special assignments when necessary
What is Expected of PAWS NY Board Members?
Board members are expected to:
- Commit to a two-year term, which can be renewed upon Board approval
- Participate in bi-monthly in-person board meetings
- Be an active participant in all meetings and take initiative
- Be an advocate for PAWS NY and raise awareness for our work
- Make a financial commitment of at least $1,000 per year (give or get)
How Do I Apply?
Please submit an application below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.