Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working with the PAWS NY team! See below for current openings at PAWS NY.
Position Description: Bilingual Program Manager
Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS NY)
Job Title: Program Manager – Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs and Strategy
PAWS NY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that helps New York City’s most vulnerable residents to remain with their pets by delivering critical programs and services through a community of partners and volunteers. We focus on helping low-income seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from illness. At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the emotional, physical, and social benefits of the human-animal bond, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.pawsny.org or find us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter at @PAWSny.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Programs and Strategy, the Program Manager will be responsible for expanding our programmatic footprint by managing a caseload of clients and ensuring their needs are met by our various programs. By joining a small team of six, the Program Manager will have an opportunity to take a leadership role within a growing organization. Please note: this is a hybrid position, with some time required in-person (both conducting client intakes and in-office work) and the remaining time remote (at home).
- Client Sourcing
- Assist Deputy Director in identification of new partner organizations and assist in presentation of services
- Conduct phone intakes with newly referred clients
- Complete in-person intakes and assessments of client, the home environment, and the pet (including walking the dog and noting behavior)
- Service Coordination
- Field calls and emails from clients, including scheduling concerns, interpersonal issues, and when necessary, facilitate referrals to additional human/social services
- Orchestrate logistics of programs, follow up with clients/volunteers regularly
- Data entry, including updating/maintaining Salesforce database
- Oversee day-to-day administration of programs to ensure effective delivery of services to program constituents within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization
Program Evaluation & Reporting
- In consultation with other program staff, administer client evaluation to assess impact of programs and ensure accordance with organization’s mission
- Assist in other areas of need, including but not limited to, administration, fundraising, and event planning
- BA required
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Must have high level of cultural competency when working with varied populations, as well as experience advocating for under-resourced populations
- Must have social service experience with vulnerable populations including individuals who are elderly or living with a disability or illness
- Computer savvy, experience with databases (Salesforce) a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, problem solving and communication skills
- Comfort traveling throughout New York City, in particular outer boroughs
- Comfort around dogs, cats, and other pets
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas as needed
- Must be highly organized, friendly, detail-oriented, and have ability to function independently
PAWS NY offers many perks, including health, a generous vacation/time-off policy, a hybrid work-from-home schedule, a lot of flexibility, and more. At PAWS NY, we value work/life balance, and team member happiness is a priority. It's a great place to work!
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Bilingual Program Manager Application." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Latest PAWS NY News
What's the buzz? Read about the latest updates and news from PAWS NY on our News page.