Register for a Virtual Volunteer Orientation Session!
All PAWS NY volunteers must go through Orientation, and now you can join from the comfort of your home. Please note that all orientations will be offered virtually for the time being and at this time, we ask that all volunteers be fully vaccinated in order to actively volunteer in our Housecall Program.
Our next Virtual Volunteer Orientations are Wednesday, April 5 at 6:00pm or Thursday, April 20 at 5:00pm.
If you are interested, please sign up for a session below and we will be in touch with the video conferencing information.
Join us to learn how you can do your part to keep people and pets together.
Ways to Volunteer
If you love working with people and pets, then PAWS NY might be the right organization for you! We have a wide range of opportunities available, including:
Provide physical pet care for our clients, such as dog walking, helping with the litter box, and medication administration.
Offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization.
Collect and distribute pet food and supplies, transport pets to the vet, and help with other one-off client needs.
Foster an animal in your home when a client is hospitalized.
Assist at events and help to raise awareness for our mission.
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- At this time, all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to actively volunteer in our Housecall Program.
- Volunteers must complete all application materials including consent forms.
- Housecall volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1 ongoing assignment per week for at least 6 months.
- Foster Care volunteers must show proof of pet-friendly housing and must provide updated vet records for pets in your home.
*If you have any questions about our requirements, please contact us via email at [email protected] or via phone at 212-203-4760, ext. 303.