PAWS NY is hosting Virtual Volunteer Orientations for the foreseeable future, with the next opportunity on Tuesday, May 18, at 5:00pm. Click here to register for this Virtual Volunteer Orientation.
All PAWS volunteers must go through orientation, so now is your chance to join in via video conferencing from the comfort of your home, and get ready to volunteer when we start back with our Housecall visits. Register via Eventbrite and the video conferencing information will be sent to you the day before the Orientation. Click here to see all our upcoming Volunteer Orientations on Eventbrite.
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we rely on our extensive and committed network to carry out our important work. If you love working with people and pets, then PAWS NY might be the right organization for you! We have a wide range of available opportunities available, including:
- Housecall Program: provide care for a client’s pet in their home, such as dog walking or helping with the litter box
- Pet Pantry/On-Call Program: collect/distribute pet food/supplies, become a Pet Pantry Sponsor, transport pets to the vet, and other one-off client needs
- Foster Care: foster an animal in your home when a client is hospitalized
- Events and Outreach: assist at events and help to raise awareness for our mission
- Professional Expertise: offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Housecall volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1 on-going assignment per week for at least 6 months.
- Foster Care volunteers must show proof of pet friendly housing and must provide updated vet records for pets in your home.
*If you have any questions about our volunteer requirements, please contact us at [email protected] or 212.203.4760, ext. 303.
Organize a Pet Pantry Drive:
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PAWS NY is not able to accept in-kind donations at this time. We encourage you to support our partners such as Animal Care Centers of NYC with any in-kind donations you may have.
Through our Pet Pantry, we donate pet food and supplies to our clients. There are many ways to help!
If you would like to organize a pet pantry drive on your own or with a group, please contact us for more information. We'd love to help you get started!
Below are some general rules about what items we can and cannot accept:
What we can accept:
- Dry food: Purina One, Pedigree, Blue Buffalo, Wellness
- Wet food: Pedigree, Blue Buffalo, Cesars, Wellness
- Dry or wet: Friskies, Fancy Feast
- Unopened dog and cat treats and select prescription brand foods on a case by case basis.
- Unopened cat litter and dog training pads
We cannot accept:
- Certain brands of food (see list above for accepted brands)
- Expired food, or food that is about to expire
- Opened bags of food
- Severely dented cans of food
- Used toys
(212) 203-4760, ext. 303
Register for an Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Session!
Join us to learn how you can do your part to keep people and pets together.
Please note that all orientations will be offered virtually for the time being. If interested, please sign up for a session below and we will be in touch with the video conferencing information.
Click a date to register for a virtual training session: