Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we rely on our extensive and committed network to carry out our important work. If you love working with people and pets, then PAWS NY might be the right organization for you! We have a wide range of available opportunities available, including:
- Housecall Program: provide care for a client’s pet in their home, such as dog walking or helping with the litter box
- Pet Pantry/On-Call Program: collect/distribute pet food/supplies, become a Pet Pantry Sponsor, transport pets to the vet, and other one-off client needs
- Foster Care: foster an animal in your home when a client is hospitalized
- Events and Outreach: assist at events and help to raise awareness for our mission
- Professional Expertise: offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Housecall volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1 on-going assignment per week for at least 6 months.
- Foster Care volunteers must show proof of pet friendly housing and must provide updated vet records for pets in your home.
*If you have any questions about our volunteer requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.203.4760.
Register for an Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Session:
Please click on your selection of date to register:
- November 15th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- December 5th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- January 11th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- January 23rd at 6 pm (Grand Central area)
- February 7th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- February 22nd at 6 pm (Grand Central area)
- March 6th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- March 21st at 6 pm (Grand Central area)
- April 4th at 5:45 pm (Soho)
- April 19th at 6 pm (Grand Central area)
If you’re interested in volunteering but can’t attend the orientation sessions, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to notify you as soon as we schedule our next session.