Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we rely on our extensive and committed network to carry out our important work. If you love working with people and pets, then PAWS NY might be the right organization for you! We have a wide range of available opportunities available, including:
- Housecall Program: provide care for a client’s pet in their home, such as dog walking or helping with the litter box
- Pet Pantry/On-Call Program: collect/distribute pet food/supplies, become a Pet Pantry Sponsor, transport pets to the vet, and other one-off client needs
- Foster Care: foster an animal in your home when a client is hospitalized
- Events and Outreach: assist at events and help to raise awareness for our mission
- Professional Expertise: offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Housecall volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1 on-going assignment per week for at least 6 months.
- Foster Care volunteers must show proof of pet friendly housing and must provide updated vet records for pets in your home.
*If you have any questions about our volunteer requirements, please contact us at email@example.com or 212.203.4760, ext. 303.
Register for an Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Session:
Please click on your selection of date to register:
- September 13th at 6 pm (Grand Central area)
- September 27th at 6 pm (Chelsea)
- October 4th at 6pm (Grand Central area)
- October 16th at 6 pm (Upper West Side)
- November 1st at 6pm (Grand Central area)
If you’re interested in volunteering but can’t attend the orientation sessions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure to notify you as soon as we schedule our next session.