Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we rely on our extensive and committed network to carry out our important work. If you love working with people and pets, then PAWS NY might be the right organization for you! We have a wide range of available opportunities available, including:
- Housecall Program: provide care for a client’s pet in their home, such as dog walking or helping with the litter box
- Pet Pantry/On-Call Program: collect/distribute pet food/supplies, become a Pet Pantry Sponsor, transport pets to the vet, and other one-off client needs
- Foster Care: foster an animal in your home when a client is hospitalized
- Events and Outreach: assist at events and help to raise awareness for our mission
- Professional Expertise: offer your unique professional skills to help grow our organization
- All volunteers must attend an orientation session.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Housecall volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1 on-going assignment per week for at least 6 months.
- Foster Care volunteers must show proof of pet friendly housing and must provide updated vet records for pets in your home.
*If you have any questions about our volunteer requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.203.4760, ext. 303.
Register for an Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Session:
Please click on your selection of date to register:
- June 26th (Chelsea)
- July 11th (Chelsea)
- July 24th (Chelsea)
- August 13th (Grand Central area)
- September 11th (Chelsea)
- September 24th (Chelsea)
- October 10th (Grand Central area)
- October 23rd (Chelsea)
- November 5th (Chelsea)
- November 21st (Grand Central area)
Other Ways to Volunteer
Through our Pet Pantry, we donate pet food and supplies to our clients. There are many ways to help!
Organize a Pet Pantry Drive:
If you would like to organize a pet pantry drive on your own or with a group, please contact us for more information! We'd love to help you get started!
Please note, we cannot accept:
- Certain brands of food
- Expired food, or food that is about to expire
- Opened bags of food
- Severely dented cans of food
- Used toys
(212) 203-4760, ext. 304