You may recognize PAWS pup Peanut, who has been in foster care for the past year while his guardian dealt with complicated health concerns. Sadly, Peanut’s guardian passed away, and PAWS NY is currently working to find him a forever home.
Peanut is a gem and would be a wonderful match for someone looking for a super sweet companion! Here’s some more information about this adoptable pup:
- 14-year-old neutered Chihuahua / Pug mix, about 15lbs
- Friendly and affectionate
- Quite healthy for his age
- Housebroken but also uses pads
- Would do well with another smaller dog or cat, no large and/or high energy dogs
- Deals with separation anxiety
- We’re seeking an adopter who spends the majority of their time at home or can travel with him (he’s travel sized!)
Peanut’s foster says, “Peanut is very easygoing and enjoys a snooze, but also loves getting outside for walks (and sometimes runs!) around the neighborhood.”
“He’s great on the leash and with other small/older dogs (no puppies) and once he’s settled in, is happy to sit on the couch for scratches. Since he was used to being with his owner all of the time, he doesn’t like to be left home alone, but the good news is, he loves running errands and going out to eat—and he does well in the car. He is mostly deaf, very rarely barks, and is completely unphased by children. While he is pad trained, Peanut can definitely make it without any accidents if he goes out four times a day.”
If you’re interested in adopting Peanut, email Liz.Raganella@pawsny.org to complete an application. Feel free to spread the word and share with friends!