In order to protect the health of our clients during this crisis, PAWS NY has made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend volunteer visits through our Housecall Program. Nevertheless, we need your help as our other programs are operating at increased capacity, and we are working hard behind the scenes to make sure our clients have what they need during this time.
Here are a few things you can do AT HOME to support PAWS NY and help us continue to be ready to jump fully back into action when the time is right.
- Reach out (via phone) to the elderly or isolated folks in your life. Whether you have family members across the country or have been volunteering with one of PAWS NY’s clients here in NYC, now is the time to hop on the phone and check in on them. Plus, consider sending them a note or letter in the mail! If they need additional support, connect them with organizations or services that can provide food and other supplies as needed.
- Donate to PAWS NY. PAWS continues to provide services to our clients, including pet food deliveries, emergency vet care, and foster services. We have several ways that you can financially contribute to the organization and our clients during this time.
- Support our Spring Fundraising campaign and donate to help vulnerable New Yorkers and their pets during this unprecedented time and beyond.
- Set up a recurring donation and become part of our Constant Companion Program. This allows PAWS NY to continue to provide support for our clients now and into the future.
- Join us for a Volunteer Orientation. PAWS NY is currently offering Virtual Volunteer Orientations, so participants can join from home. Our first Virtual Volunteer Orientation is Wednesday, May 13 from 3-4:30pm. Please email Volunteering@pawsny.org to register and we will provide you with the video conferencing information.
- Spread the word about PAWS NY. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and share our posts! We will still be communicating with our followers during this time and will let you know when we can go full-force back into action.
- As always, stay home to stop the spread of Coronavirus / COVID-19. Follow NYC guidelines and practice social distancing whenever you do need to leave your home for essentials such as groceries or medical supplies.
PAWS NY can’t succeed without you and your ongoing support, so thank you for your help and passion for the cause! We’re sending love to all of our clients, supporters, volunteers, and friends! We can’t wait to get back out there when the time is right. Let us know if you have any additional questions.